Wanting more fulfilling and satisfying sexual experiences and intimacy is not a selfish act, it’s actually a really clever move! The ability to freely express our sexuality without guilt, fear or shame is critical for our overall health and wellbeing and self-fulfilment.
Sexuality coaching provides the unique opportunity for you to sit and having meaningful discussions with a sexologist about your sexual concerns, challenges and goals. By exploring the emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of your sexuality, you will be supported to identify and overcome the self-limiting beliefs, fears or skills deficits preventing you from reaching your full sexual potential.
Combining talk-based coaching and sexuality education, sexuality coaching provides you with the knowledge and support necessary to grow up and out of your old patterns, and gain new perspectives and courage for lasting personal growth. While this may sound daunting, sexuality coaching is a confidential and collaborative process where you can feel safe to share without judgment or the need to self-censor. Depending on your goals, a coaching session might include some or all of the following components:
- – Goal setting and person-centred action planning
- – Working through sexual concerns or challenges
- – Addressing negative self-talk, self-limiting beliefs and negative attitudes
- – Exploring new ways to express your sexual desire and cultivate intimacy
- – Debunking sexual myths and stereotypes
- – Tailored behavioural and communication training
- – Handy resources following your session.
As long as you are committed to moving forward and open to learning and growth, sexuality coaching sessions can be tailored to suit your needs.