We provide natural therapies and advice to maximise the your health and that of your child, during pregnancy.
The health of the mother is vital during pregnancy. Babies are completely formed by nutrients supplied by her body. To maximise the health of mother and child during this special time of nurturing, it is important to consider nutrition, the mother’s lifestyle, environment and stress levels.
- The naturopathic approach to achieving a healthy pregnancy:
- Prepare a nutritious and individualised food plan to support you and your baby.
- Consider healthy pregnancy lifestyle strategies.
- Find out which toxins and products to avoid and how to create a clean environment.
- Prepare an appropriate exercise plan.
- Consider birthing preparation and strategies to assist with birthing and recovery.
- Prevent and treat of health issues that arise during pregnancy.
Natural therapy provides safe and effective ways to prevent, treat and manage various complaints that may arise during pregnancy, including:
- nausea and vomiting
- cramping and/or restless legs
- heartburn and Reflux
- fluid retention
- high blood pressure
- gestational diabetes
- stretch marks
- varicose veins
- sciatica, back pain and tight muscles
- carpel tunnel syndrome
- threatened miscarriage
- breech presentation
- overdue for dates – to assist with natural induction
- birth preparation
Acupuncture for pregnancy
Acupuncture has a long history in supporting a healthy pregnancy, which is now supported by research. Acupuncture is safe and effective at keeping both the mother and baby healthy and well during the pregnancy and can improve the wellbeing of both after delivery.
MEET OUR PRACTITIONERS WHO SPECIALISE IN PREGNANCY CARE:
Katie Forster - Naturopath, Homeopath and Nutritionist
Kylie Stabler - Acupuncturist and Chinese Medicine practitioner
Calandra Gilligan - Birth Coach
Yvette Campbell - Massage Therapist
Selena Pettifer - Massage Therapist